Saturday, July 23, 2011

The tailgate must be loose...

I have fallen off the wagon.

I always tend to bite off a little more than I can chew.  I think I do that on purpose, my way of keeping myself out of the comfort zone.  It has been my ethos for the past few years that if your not moving forward, your are moving backwards.  Nothing can stay static.  If you are static, your dying.  Maybe call it fear.

This has resulted in more commitments than I can seem to meet.  These past two weeks, I've been super busy with work; a cousin in town trying to learn the ropes of the restaurant biz; a non-profit fundraiser for a vertical greenhouse to be built in Jackson; and a family that doesn't ask when I coming home anymore, but when I have to leave.

Needless to say, this has been very trying on me and those around me.  I have not ridden my bike in 7 days.  Not the best thing for the crux of my 8 week program, but something had to give.  Luckly, the furnace is still warm and I have managed to shed more weight and am now down to 230lbs.

Not that I haven't been screwing that up too.  At least one beer after work every night (more like two); not drinking enough water (my lip is now split from dehydration); and I finally snaped and had a chili-slaw dog with French Fries...yea, I said it...french fries.

I find it kinda funny that in my last post, I was so full of confidence, and now I'm eating french fries, drinking beer, and generally not even trying to get out of bed in the morning to go train (in my defense, it is the only time I seem to have with my family at this point).

So I ask again...where do we go from here?

I guess its time to get up, dust myself off, and get back on the wagon.

I imagine it will leave without me if I'm not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment