Friday, September 23, 2011

Here we go...

Well folks, that time is now here.  All the blabbing I've done for the past few months about training (or lack there of), weight (more the excess of), or being overworked for one reason or another matter little anymore.  It is now time to put up, or shut up.

Tomorrow is the first race of the season for us 'crossers, a very happy day.  Tomorrow I will ride around for 45min., completely hypoxic, trying not to crash and burn on the barriers and run up of the Kross Kickoff course in my sleepy village of Victor ID.  This is the first race of a four race series, and the first race of what will be a eight week cross season for me.

The bike is tuned.  New wheels, new seat (had to finally retire the old Turbomatic), new rubber...all the bases have been covered.  Tonight I will go out, do an hour on the course, throw in a few solid efforts to get the HR up, then go home and eat a solid pasta dinner.  Just like the old days...

I'm a little more than excited to say the least.  I got a chance to do the Jackson Group Ride on Tuesday night to get my one real hard ride of the week in and it went very well.  I hung tough till we hit the bigger hills, then turned around and did a few hill repeats till the group came back from the turn-around.  We all cruised in from Wilson after that and I will say, the legs felt good.

Tomorrow will start with my favorite pre-race breakfast (waffles of course), then just stay on top of the hydration till 10.30a in order to get a solid hour of warm-up in.

So here we go...

1 comment: