Monday, September 26, 2011

Kross Kickoff!!!

Just a quick update. 

Kross Kickoff went great for all involved, huge shout out to Dave Byers, Jay P. and everyone else who played their part.  Everyone had a blast.

The course was a bit more technical than last year and was made even hardered by all the DUST!!!  Its been very dry here as of late and a few sections of the course were covered in a super fine dust that was deeper than it apperared, causing you to have to ride it in a straight line in order to not wash out.

The boys of black, green and orange had a great day, although not as many top steps as we may have liked.  I think the ladies took all the steps except the top one, and were very impressive indeed.  Fitzy himself took the second step in the Masters race after a race long battle a human lung.

In the Mens A and B catagories, Gabe "50 cent" and Bergy ruled all by banging heads (literally) throughout the race to finish one-two respectively.  Dave Saurman and I finished second and third respectively in the B's after not being able to catch a rider from Peaked Sports who was absolutely flying.  I think Dave might have had a chance early on, until he clipped a barrier before the run up.

Things went well for me.  After coming into the first corner in forth position, I drilled it for the first lap, only to find myself alone with a 5-10 second gap on forth place.  Once I was by myself, I just tried to be smooth and work on extending that lead to secure third place.  And that was pretty much the story for the next 5 laps. I eventually finished third, averaging 163bpm with a max of 193bpm for 50 mins.  Moosecross is next up in two weeks, so I'm getting after the intensity this week in hopes of making the top 10 there. 

Thanks for reading guys.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wes,

    I'm Dan, the Peaked Rider in your post here, and I live across the street from the cross course. I am trying to put together a winter trainer group at the new fitzys with Bergy and a few others. Any interest? Drop me an email, at the very least it would be nice to have you in the address book when putting rides together!

    Dan Abraham

    dmabraham AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete